I attended the wedding reception of a colleague today. While at the reception , I looked at the men and women around and wondered what they must be thinking and below is my biggest bet -
Age Group : under 18
No School. New Clothes. New Friends. Lots of people to bug. Lots of time to play. No work - No tension
Age Group - 19-25
Girls - I hope I meet someone ...... umm.. my special someone ( giggles giggles )
Boys - I hope to mate someone ....... someone , anyone ..
Age Group : 28-32
Single Women - I am getting old. Oh God ! Mera number kab aayegaa ?
Single Men - Where did all the beauties go away ? Happens to me in every wedding I go.
Married Men and Women - "I love being Married - I want be single again" / "I love being Married - I want be single again" / "I love being Married - I want be single again" ....................
Age Group : 35 - 55
Married Women - Thank God for these weddings. I don't have to cook today.
Married Men - Thank God for these weddings. I don't have to eat what my wife's cooks today. :D
Age group : 55-65
Women with daughters - I hope this girl behaves well with everyone, especially in front of those aunties who will tear me apart if they find out she isn't trained in domestic skills. Girls are such big responsibility for parents.How I wish I had a son instead.
Women with sons - I hope everyone is noticing the sparkling new diamond necklace my US return son got me just for this wedding. Thank god for giving me a son.
Women with daughters in law - There should be a daughter in everyone's house. Once a new wife comes, the mother is fully forgotten. But look at girls they are still as attached to their mothers as they were before and enjoy their husband's generosity as well. How I wish I had a daughter.
Women with sons in law - So what if my daughter was not trained in domestic skills, with her smartness she now has her husband tied to her little finger. Thank God for giving me a daughter.
Age Group : 65 -80
Women - Ok. There's a girl. Medium build - not OK ,Mid-twenties - well OK, wearing some jewelery- OK , seems well mannered - Hmmm good. Complexion - Very fair - TEST PASSED. She might be a good match for Alamelu''s son Santhana Krishnan. Let me go bug her with ' you are next'. ( Evil laugh )
Men - Ok. There's a guy. He is single. He has a job - TEST PASSED. I must warn him the consequences of marriages. At least let him enjoy bachelor life as long as it lasts.
And so on... :D
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Perfect'o. :)
ReplyDeleteha ha ha lmao! You are funny. Every blog I read, I am impressed. I learn a lot from your writings. However, how can you tell what others are thinking when everyone has free will? I can see some truth in ages 18-25 because you have experienced them...so its easy to write about what boys/girls are thinking.
ReplyDeleteOn the other hand, the only way you can write about other age groups is if you have a friend or know someone is that age group? Past experiences talking to them? I'm just curious, and baffled.
Sorry, don't mean to question your thinking, I can tell your very intelligent, I wish I had your writing / story telling skills.