Monday, February 16, 2009

Which was my best year ?

A good friend of mine called me today and asked me what appeared to be a very simple question - Which has been your best year ? The answer however to me was very complex. While pondering on it, I asked him the same question back and pat came the answer '14, 16,18 and 22 were the best years of my life'

And I wished I could have had an instant answer just like my friend. I started to think, have I already had the best year of my life so far ? Or am I being so overly critical about my life that I can't even pick one good year out of the last 20 some years.

Life has definitely been a roller coaster as it has been to everyone else and I have had my share of the several ups and a the few downs. Its scary with the add-on queasy sensation when the ride goes down but that only makes the thrill of going up even more spine-tingling.

2008 - I enjoyed the nature hikes I took, slogged like a dog @ work and met some really nice people, found an American mom who made sure I was doing fine at all times, had a beautiful mini's mini garden that blossomed so well - managed to get 8 tomatoes, 12 red roses, 12 pink roses, and 12 yellow flowers and atleast a 100 purple petunias. Time just flew..

2007 - Celebrated by silver birthday in the most beautiful city - Montreal ( which was my previous year's wish), Enjoyed my very first walk on a snowy evening ( it snowed one day after Christmas that year), took pride in going for my first ever self sponsored holiday to the Far East.

And the list goes on ... every year has been good for me.. Some may be monotonous but good ! :D
Reading: Which was my best year ?Post Link to Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment