Thursday, February 26, 2009

the saga of the big fight at home

Amma - Kondhey, I have made nice avial and molagu kutaan. Simply dont be sitting infront of that useless laptop all the time. Come and have dinner.

Mini - Pashikkalai amma. I am working and pls dont distract me.

Daddy - Ahaaan ! Enna pashikkalai ? You come so late from work, God knows whether you eat anything in the office. You are always looking tired and no thembu to do anything. No one will like you...

Amma - You have to marry and bear children, if you are not strong then no use. Dont keep sitting in the same pose like a hospital patient. Even a prasavichha lady will be more active.

Mini - Aaaargh ! OK ! . Chaapadnum. Avlodhaaney. Ok.

( Amma puts one "andaa" full of rice on plate + 50 gms ghee + lots of vadaam and appalam)

Mini - Why do you make it so spicy ? My eyes are burning and my nose is watering.

Anna - There is no uppu or chappu in this. Only mini can eat this.

Amma - Ippadiyee chollindirungoo..

(Mini's stomach's more than full and lets out a loud burp )

Mini - I cant have more than this ( takes an uneaten appalam and puts it on Anna's plate)

Daddy - Echhala parthadengo ma.. veetla daridhram varum cholluva..

Mini - Daddy, how is it possible ? Instead of throwing uneaten food, I put it on someone's plate, how would we get dadridhram ?

Amma - Dont unnecessarily argue with daddy. He is right. We should not spread echhal.

Mini - There is no logic in this.

Daddy - Bhesh ! Enna logic vendi irrukku ? College la you didnt study properly, we sent you to dance class, you said you wanted to learn music. Sent you to nalla carnataka sangeetham class, you leave that and go to hindustani.. now useless cinema paatu.. that too.. roadside paatu. So finally you dont know anything other than typing in that stupid laptop. Instead of spending so much to educate you, I should have put you in type writing school

Mini - Ippo enna ? I am useless. I will start my own company and become great. That day you can keep looking at me.

Daddy - Hahahahaha. Innum patthu varsham ippadiye lazyaa sit with laptop in that sofa, kandippa great ayiduvai

Mini mad, anna mad, amma madder and daddy maddest

Amma - kozhandhaya chutti podanum. Drishti. Thats why she's not eating properly and behaving so badly.

Mini - drishti and bad behaviour - eppadi amma related ? i am gettinng really angry..

Amma - Exactly, drishtiyeee dhaan

Daddy - Her friend circle sheri illai. We should cut all her friends first.

Amma - Amaaam.

Mini - Amma.. stop this amaam potufying for everything...


...... and so it continues.
Reading: the saga of the big fight at homePost Link to Twitter

3 comments:

  1. Lol, im glad you aint atheist like me. I'd raise hell and make your parents life miserable if i was their daughter.

    Although i will admit, all this logic and advise that should not be questioned and accepted as is funda from amma/amma is a fantastic source of comical entertainment for me. I laugh so hard everytime this happens at home.

    Of course, here is a tip. I eat in my room. I have 2 monitors in front of me and laptop on the lap and bowl with food in hand. I become the prophecy of technology and no one else can interfere in what i do so i never give opportunity for all this dinner table conversations. Kinni + adhula oru spoon, in front of laptop works! trust me, its worked for me for the past 4 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many people don't have the opportunity to sit at the dinner table because of advances in technology - TV, computer etc. I am a culprit myself. Tons of people from broken homes, or are lonely and don't get the love and support or go through the emotions we do. They are just doing this and saying this out of love...happens at my house all the time. Although I am emotionally at rage and might say some hurtful things to retaliate ... I take a step back and think I am blessed with a good family ... A lot of our counterparts in other parts of the world only wish they had parents as good as ours.

    But rest assure I think your a dime a dozen, gorgeous, very capable, and intelligent. Oh and successful. Your funny and know how to make your friends smile. They just say all that harsh stuff to make you eat. Ha ha ha. You have good parents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent One. Very well scripted. You are a genius.

    ReplyDelete